Thursday, September 11, 2008

Question and Answer Session!

The Texture Question and Answer session is over, and I think it went reasonably well.

Of course, I wasn't expecting the first two questions that were asked at all, and most of the ones I did expect weren't asked, but that's what happens in sessions like this!

I used about 1/3 of the material I had prepared, and wound up going over time by almost half an hour. Some people had to go, of course, but those who stayed seemed to enjoy it, and most said that they had learned things.

I learned things too, of course. So there are going to be some changes for the next time.

For one thing, there's going to be a tp gadget in front of the Texture Tutorials, that will take you behind them to the Lecture Area. It's not very far, but you can't see it past the tutorials, and there was some confusion.

I'm also planning to have a planned lesson for the beginning of the Lecture, and then open it to questions for the last 15 minutes or so.

At the moment, I'm thinking about doing a lesson every Wednesday, so I'll probably repeat the same one for a month, two weeks in the evening, and two in the early afternoon, so the people from the States and the ones from Europe can both attend. That should give everyone who wants to see that lesson a chance to do so.

And then I'll retire that one, possibly putting it into a book or something, and do another one. That should give me plenty of time to prepare, and keep things from getting too boring and repetitive.

So, if you were there and noticed something you think I should know, or if you weren't, but you would like to have a lesson about a particular thing, do please comment, and let me know! Thanks!

No comments: